As this situation evolves, we plan to update this page regularly to provide the most up to date information on the actions we are taking to protect the health and well-being of our associates, our customers, our operations, and our communities. Please check back often.
Update Published March 16, 2020:
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, with the World Health Organization declaring it a global pandemic, we are closely monitoring the outbreak and possible impacts on our staff, our customers, our operations, and our communities. Guided by our core values, we have and will continue to take actions that protect the health and well-being of our associates and yours, which is our number one concern.
Internally, we are increasing the depth of our daily sanitizing of common areas, encouraging associates to wash hands regularly and stay home if they are sick or returning from an area identified as a coronavirus-related risk, as well as discouraging handshakes or unnecessary personal contact.
We are committed to remaining open to ensure we can support our customers as needs arise and have contingency plans to service our customers should a number of associates have to work remotely.
Out of the abundance of caution, below is a summary of the immediate actions Swagelok Eastern Australia & Swagelok New Zealand are taking to prepare. We will continue to monitor the situation and inform you of any changes as they arise.
• Onsite Visits: We have encouraged our Account Managers to use virtual communication where possible. If the situation escalates, you may start seeing a reduced presence onsite to limit potential exposure, but please know we will resume regular visits once the risk of transmission is lowered. Rest assured our team is available virtually via phone, email, Microsoft Teams, and text communication.
• If your company is restricting site access, please contact us to let us know so we can determine how to best support your needs virtually.
• Vendor Managed Inventories: As of now, we will continue to check Vendor Managed Inventories. However please note that at any time we may discontinue this activity for the foreseeable future. To prepare, our team would be happy to work with you on increasing stock levels for risk mitigation to ensure you have the product you need on-hand.
• Again, If your company is restricting site access, please contact us to let us know so we can determine a plan to ensure your inventory has appropriate stock levels.
• Customer Pickup/Front Counter Sales: We request that all customers contact via phone or email as we are limiting visits to our offices for pickup or walk-in orders. Our Customer Service team is happy to assist you via phone or email and can get your items shipped directly to you.
We understand these precautions may impact the way our companies interact over the coming months, but we can’t emphasize enough that our main focus is the health of our associates and our customers. We appreciate your patience and understanding, as this is a fluid situation. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us